Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Great little write up Syer :smile: the vibrations are the same as I had when I got the same mounts as you put in. It's only been a week so no change yet :smiley: I'm sure it'll settle down though over time. It is such a big change from standard, which is why it's so noticeable. I think it's ok to live with though.

Cheers. Do my best to entertain. Keep in touch with the mileage / feel of yours as you go please...........

well done on the manifold..can get tricky to get it right..good on that front :thumbup1:
regarding the vibrations,strange..there is definitely some increase but i havent experienced such a difference..hope it settles down a bit..
or strip it,hence no vibrations of a good old French plastic :lol:

Im pretty anal - and have been known to exaggerate slightly ! Point being its very noticeable. More than i thought / imagined perhaps. Not killer......just know its there.

Vibrations should settle down!!

Hope your pleased with the outcome overall as that's a fair chunk of change spent!

Cheers Chris :smile: Today was 'only' a step to the long-term plan of a fit-and-forget system and some glitch-free fueling. So a way to go yet but a move in the right direction........

Tell me about your thoughts / experience on the mounts bedding-in ???????

But yes: 2 lots of manifold removal / re-fitting, Flexis on original and welding those in etc, plus new manifold and bushes and fitting. Gonna be a squeeky end to the month for sure !

Scorpion system, re-map, top suspension mounts and stereo system next month. Hope my kids love Tesco Super-Saver beans :wink:

I never fitted them Personally but there are lots of comments about them bedding in as such and not being as harsh after a few thousand miles.

Manifold fitted :

P1030722_zpstewvnhlc.jpg

And now thinking; i owe it to myself to carry on with the Yellow theme a bit more under the bonnet (Without getting too tacky) :

P1030718_zpsahfjyvup.jpg

Looking good! Don't worry, I have the lower engine and upper torque arm mounts and although have probably done less than 150 miles, I can quite easily live with the vibrations. Glad I'm not the only one feeling it through the pedals, too!
One thing you will need to do though, is follow this guide (kudos to [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION]) as the noise is DOING MY HEAD IN!

Looking good! Don't worry, I have the lower engine and upper torque arm mounts and although have probably done less than 150 miles, I can quite easily live with the vibrations. Glad I'm not the only one feeling it through the pedals, too!
One thing you will need to do though, is follow this guide (kudos to @CallorFold) as the noise is DOING MY HEAD IN!

Cheers buddy. Let me know if your mounts bed-in / settle over time too. Love to hear your ongoing thoughts :wink:

Had a rattle from the dash !....and one behind me that could well have been this. I'm all over it..........

Definitely a sensible choice not to fit the upper engine insert, if you thought the vibrations from the 3 you've done were bad, you'd probably think your car was broken fitting the other upper haha. When I had the upper insert installed, you could stand behind the car and see the glass in the boot lid vibrating. Windows would rattle, mirrors would vibrate, it was all too much for a daily.

They do bed in a little bit, and you also get used to it so it becomes much less noticeable after a few weeks/some miles as well.

Interested to hear how you get on with cold starts after the remap.

Tracing buzzes and rattles is a never ending battle, any you find and resolve, keep us all updated :smiley:

Last edited:
I hope that's pack 1/10, your going to need em. Haha.

Thats the point of loud exhaust systems on these clios btw, not for extra HP, simply to drown out rattles.

Well it seems that you have the one essential thing that you absolutely must have when owning a Renault..... a good sense of humour :blink::lol:

Loving the labelling! :rofl: Good luck with the rattle prevention![emoji1303]

lol

I'm hard on myself. And harder on others and things around me. I'm also a Virgo and an absolute perfectionist. So while i may mock - the little Blue wreck is slowly growing on me. 4 French cars in a row tells you im either happy to live with the quirks or i dont learn very freakin quickly...........

lol

4 French cars in a row tells you im either happy to live with the quirks or i dont learn very freakin quickly...........
thats what French cars do to you..you love it in spite of its imperfections..
nothing to do with the ability to learn :wink:

Scorpion put both resonated and non-resonated versions of their exhaust into stock today. Im just awaiting a Tracking number for mine - which i hope was despatched today. Being fitted Friday whatever :smile:

And on the back of that - re-map booked in for the 20th June at Engine Dynamics in Colchester. 4 week wait and this was the earliest i could get in :thumb1:

About to go in the garage and start a little under-bonnet colour-coding.......

Great news on the exhaust, it's a shame you had to wait for the stock to come in though. I'm sure the wait will be all worth it though once you have it fitted and the map done too :smile:

Scorpion put both resonated and non-resonated versions of their exhaust into stock today. Im just awaiting a Tracking number for mine - which i hope was despatched today. Being fitted Friday whatever :smile:

And on the back of that - re-map booked in for the 20th June at Engine Dynamics in Colchester. 4 week wait and this was the earliest i could get in :thumb1:

About to go in the garage and start a little under-bonnet colour-coding.......

Pleeeeeeease upload a video of the exhaust!!

I've been messing with cars and bikes for 25 years. Doesn't mean i don't still get pleasure from the simple things - like "toys" arriving :biggrin:

*****Peasants didn't even give me a free sticker or two with the exhaust either :nope: And everyone loves stickers ..............

IMG_4536_zpswp8qyifr.jpg

Scorpion resonated system fitted today to go with the Toyo manifold.

Only a 10 mile drive home but:

1/ Noise: Amazing, orgasmic, deep, purposeful, but also slightly "look at me"......this thing is loud IMO. I expect you guys consider this a quiet system. but even my mechanics (All petrol-heads) said they thought it was a lovely tone.....but LOUD ! No real droning at 60-70mph - just not real quiet even when Nannying it through the gears and put your foot down and from 2.5k on you know i'm about !

2/ Seemingly zero leaks. So whether my original minor blow was coming from the manifold to system joint we'll never know. Either way. All good. Fingers crossed, touch wood, rabbits tail etc

3/ Throttle response: 100% better. I thought fuelling / response before was appalling as standard. No other way around it. Now it picks up quick, revs better, blips of the throttle on down-changes give an instant bark, and a few random burbles and pops just added to the mix. Just shows what a slightly restrictive system / taking out one cat makes. Looking forward to the remap on the 20th June now.......

Off to Portugal for 10 days. So will have to get a video when i'm back. Gotta pack my shorts and golf clubs !!

Great stuff, glad to hear you're happy with the new exhaust! [MENTION=40637]Beany-08gt[/MENTION] took me out in his 200 last night with a non-res Scorpion and that was loud! But in a good way imo! So I guess it's down to the individual :wink:

Good news on the leaks, hopefully it'll stay that way! Interesting on the throttle response too - bet you're well excited now to see what the map can do for you!!