Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

My advice would be DONT fit that big yellow insert mount in your picture. Vibration is frustrating and if you're fitting the other 2 (upper and lower torque, it's so unnecessary).

Fit the top and bottom first, then if you really feel the need, fit the insert too.

Top + bottom = about 20% vibration, upper inset about 80%

The upper insert also doesn't really reduce engine movement, it just holds the engine more solidly to the chassis. The upper and lower powerfelx torque mounts stop about 95% engine movement over stock parts.

Cheers muchly.

I've had so much advice over the mounts its been untrue. Each person offering a different solution / combination !

Did you run the one your suggesting i leave out for a while ? Only asking as i've read they all can take 1000 miles odd to bed-in..........

***Still no bad idea for me to try what your suggesting though !!

And by vibration - your talking about at tickover ONLY ?

Last edited:
My advice would be DONT fit that big yellow insert mount in your picture. Vibration is frustrating and if you're fitting the other 2 (upper and lower torque, it's so unnecessary).

Fit the top and bottom first, then if you really feel the need, fit the insert too.

Top + bottom = about 20% vibration, upper inset about 80%

The upper insert also doesn't really reduce engine movement, it just holds the engine more solidly to the chassis. The upper and lower powerfelx torque mounts stop about 95% engine movement over stock parts.

this...and if you can do the gearbox one too instead the engine one..

Cheers muchly.

I've had so much advice over the mounts its been untrue. Each person offering a different solution / combination !

Did you run the one your suggesting i leave out for a while ? Only asking as i've read they all can take 1000 miles odd to bed-in..........

***Still no bad idea for me to try what your suggesting though !!

And by vibration - your talking about at tickover ONLY ?

Last year I had fitted both the upper insert and the upper torque arm. I ran both of those mounts together for about 5 months / 4000 miles - PLENTY of time to bed in.

Vibration with the upper insert is both at idle, AND while driving. Cruising on the motorway was very annoying, the car literally buzzed. Driving at 35mph, the interior mirror would vibrate too so everything appeared a little shaky in it. The car did feel great to drive, but the vibration became too much for daily driving.

Next step was passing the car back to my mechanic to take the upper insert out, leave the upper torque arm in, and install the lower torque arm.

So I'm now (happily) running upper torque arm and lower torque arm. There's very little vibration at idle, if any at all, certainly isn't noticeable to me anymore. The only time I've noticed more vibration is when pulling off in 1st gear, once the clutch is all the way up and you're moving, I wouldn't say there's any noticeable vibration at all. Also none during regular driving/motorway cruising etc.

The big difference is, the upper and lower torque mounts replace weaker rubber inserts and limit engine movement. The upper engine insert doesn't replace anything, it's additional. It just fills an empty gap causing the engine to effectively be bolted solidly onto the chassis. So while the engine is running, all the vibration from the moving parts in the engine are transferred straight through to the chassis.

After removing the upper insert, and installing the lower engine mount, 80% of the vibration was gone, the car was instantly much quieter and a much more pleasant place to be - but the key thing is it didn't drive any differently.

You can see instantly when you install the upper torque arm, the engine cannot rock back and fourth like it could before on the rubber mounts. This is the mount that's doing all the work. I genuinely cannot see the benefit, or the point of the upper insert. It doesn't seem to actually do anything useful.

Last edited:
I fitted the lower engine mount and gearbox mount a week ago. No extra vibrations at idle but when pulling off the whole car shakes including the steering wheel :smiley: But it'll die down eventually and the pros definitely outweight the temporary cons

I fitted the lower engine mount and gearbox mount a week ago. No extra vibrations at idle but when pulling off the whole car shakes including the steering wheel :smiley: But it'll die down eventually and the pros definitely outweight the temporary cons

Mine hasn't died down and I'm probably 3000-4000 miles in now after having lower mount fitted. As you've said though, it's ONLY when pulling off, and only when pulling off slowly. Pro's definitely outweigh the cons on this one.

Mine hasn't died down and I'm probably 3000-4000 miles in now after having lower mount fitted. As you've said though, it's ONLY when pulling off, and only when pulling off slowly. Pro's definitely outweigh the cons on this one.
Ah bugger :worried: Still totally worth it though!

[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] had them fitted today..he can feedback on this too,but there is a thread about this topic on here..mine feels great after replacing the lower,upper torque and gearbox mount..well worth it and not too much vibrations..

Last year I had fitted both the upper insert and the upper torque arm. I ran both of those mounts together for about 5 months / 4000 miles - PLENTY of time to bed in.

Vibration with the upper insert is both at idle, AND while driving. Cruising on the motorway was very annoying, the car literally buzzed. Driving at 35mph, the interior mirror would vibrate too so everything appeared a little shaky in it. The car did feel great to drive, but the vibration became too much for daily driving.

Next step was passing the car back to my mechanic to take the upper insert out, leave the upper torque arm in, and install the lower torque arm.

So I'm now (happily) running upper torque arm and lower torque arm. There's very little vibration at idle, if any at all, certainly isn't noticeable to me anymore. The only time I've noticed more vibration is when pulling off in 1st gear, once the clutch is all the way up and you're moving, I wouldn't say there's any noticeable vibration at all. Also none during regular driving/motorway cruising etc.

The big difference is, the upper and lower torque mounts replace weaker rubber inserts and limit engine movement. The upper engine insert doesn't replace anything, it's additional. It just fills an empty gap causing the engine to effectively be bolted solidly onto the chassis. So while the engine is running, all the vibration from the moving parts in the engine are transferred straight through to the chassis.

After removing the upper insert, and installing the lower engine mount, 80% of the vibration was gone, the car was instantly much quieter and a much more pleasant place to be - but the key thing is it didn't drive any differently.

You can see instantly when you install the upper torque arm, the engine cannot rock back and fourth like it could before on the rubber mounts. This is the mount that's doing all the work. I genuinely cannot see the benefit, or the point of the upper insert. It doesn't seem to actually do anything useful.

Supremely helpful. Thanks buddy.

And all input greatly appreciated :smile:

Reckon i'll get top and bottom fitted with manifold Tuesday and see how it goes............

****Is this the correct gearbox mount ????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerflex...MK+III&hash=item2ee7d09141:g:J0sAAOSwo6lWMiFA

@jimmyd81 had them fitted today..he can feedback on this too,but there is a thread about this topic on here..mine feels great after replacing the lower,upper torque and gearbox mount..well worth it and not too much vibrations..

Yeah as @Pav says, I had mine fitted yesterday (upper torque, lower engine and gearbox). The car feels more 'solid', it's immediately noticeable from the first start up after. There is a vibration at idle but really not that bad. On the move you can tell there is a bit too, but again it's nothing bad at all. I've had three different passengers in today and last night, and none of them could tell any difference with extra vibrations in the car.

The gear changes are also much smoother, it just makes the car better to drive. For the overall cost, and the fact that it can prevent damage to the manifold, it really is worth it.

Last edited:
yeah as @pav says, i had mine fitted yesterday (upper torque, lower engine and gearbox). The car feels more 'solid', it's immediately noticeable from the first start up after. There is a vibration at idle but really not that bad. On the move you can tell there is a bit too, but again it's nothing bad at all. I've had three different passengers in today and last night, and none of them could tell any difference with the car.

The gear changes are also much smoother, it just makes the car better to drive. For the overall cost, and the fact that it can prevent damage to the manifold, it really is worth it.

bingo !

Nothing but a clean here for me today:

Wheels / hubs soaked for 3 minutes with Astonish wheel cleaner, and then cleaned with Triplewax shampoo and finally rinsed with cold water.
Pre-cleaned car / paintwork with ValetPro Ph neutral Citrus pre-wash, mixed with warm water and applied via pump - which i left to dwell for a few minutes. Badges / tough to get to areas cleaned via ValePro soft brush.
Car rinsed with cold water via hose.
Washed with Meguiars Gold class shampoo using a lambswool mitt.
Rinsed via hose with cold water.
Dried with a waffle towel.
Black plastics treated with Auto Finesse revive or Armorall matt finish wipes.
Windows cleaned with an E-cloth.
Tyres treated with Autoglym tyre shine applied via pad.
All paintwork given a coat of Sonax brilliant shine detail spray via micro-fibre cloths.

P1030673_zpstxfawcnj.jpg

P1030675_zpscu8lmxmc.jpg

P1030676_zpsh46wviad.jpg

Last edited:
Looking great, that colour is such a good one, and the black contrasts really nicely :thumbsup:

Slightly OT, have you ordered your Scorpion exhaust yet? If so, where from and what price have you found it for?

Looking great, that colour is such a good one, and the black contrasts really nicely :thumbsup:

Slightly OT, have you ordered your Scorpion exhaust yet? If so, where from and what price have you found it for?

Cheers buddy.

Scorpion ordered and paid for by me a week or so ago. Seems to me everywhere is £420 for a resonated system. And no-where has one in stock (I made 5 or 6 calls to different sellers - and at that point gave-up finding one). And one of the parts is on Scorpions production plans for tomorrow (Monday 16th) as they have none in-stock , so its impossible to find a complete system either on the shelf or with the manufacturer right now !

My seller is a big Scorpion customer - and the missing part of is being sent straight to me from Scorpion to save time.

Manifold and engine bushes fitted Friday. Exhaust system will be fitted "soon as"......and only then can i even think about booking the re-mapping needed.

Ok thank you for that. It's the system that I've been looking for too and I can't say I've seen one for less than that - unless it's non-res of course...

Also, the 197 systems seem to be more money, I imagine due to the slash cut tips that are different to the 200 tailpipes.

I was looking on ebay and there seems to be a lot on there in stock??

[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION]..you could get a 200 system too..its cheaper and fits our 197..just get some tips from ebay..

Ok thank you for that. It's the system that I've been looking for too and I can't say I've seen one for less than that - unless it's non-res of course...

Also, the 197 systems seem to be more money, I imagine due to the slash cut tips that are different to the 200 tailpipes.

I was looking on ebay and there seems to be a lot on there in stock??

Ring them like i did........or look at the delivery dates (All way ahead - indicating they wont be despatching immediately !)

None has one in stock (Which i believe is against ebay rules, but thats another topic). I spoke to ABP, Roadrunner, Ghostbikes, ND Tuning etc etc etc. All said not in stock and told me about the delays / Scorpion not having all the system in stock).

And yea Scorpion must have some sort of 'monopoly' on their dealers to restrict them all to the same price (Which is illegal - but again: thats another story).....:thumbsup:

You going for it too then ? I've read nothing but good reports of the resonated Scorpion.......

Cheers [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] , I assumed it would be the same fitment, but I didn't really want to lose the slash-cut tips as they're quite subtle in the diffuser....but if it means the difference in £60+ I can make an exception :smiley:

Ring them like i did........or look at the delivery dates (All way ahead - indicating they wont be despatching immediately !)

None has one in stock (Which i believe is against ebay rules, but thats another topic). I spoke to ABP, Roadrunner, Ghostbikes, ND Tuning etc etc etc. All said not in stock and told me about the delays / Scorpion not having all the system in stock).

And yea Scorpion must have some sort of 'monopoly' on their dealers to restrict them all to the same price (Which is illegal - but again: thats another story).....:thumbsup:

You going for it too then ? I've read nothing but good reports of the resonated Scorpion.......

That's interesting on the stock then, I must admit I hadn't looked at the delivery dates, just assumed that if it was listed they were available :blink: I did find this one which says delivery by the end of the week, but then in item description it does say delivery depends on stock levels...misleading much?!

Yeah I would love an exhaust, it's something I'd considered from the day I got it...but as with a lot of things, it's always been the financial barriers that were in the way. Plus I had a nightmare time last year with unexpectedly massive repair bills which ruined any kind of modding plans. I'm giving it some serious thought now though, and seeing people getting them is tempting me a lot....