Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Cheers @Pav , I assumed it would be the same fitment, but I didn't really want to lose the slash-cut tips as they're quite subtle in the diffuser....but if it means the difference in £60+ I can make an exception :smiley:

That's interesting on the stock then, I must admit I hadn't looked at the delivery dates, just assumed that if it was listed they were available :blink: I did find this one which says delivery by the end of the week, but then in item description it does say delivery depends on stock levels...misleading much?!

Yeah I would love an exhaust, it's something I'd considered from the day I got it...but as with a lot of things, it's always been the financial barriers that were in the way. Plus I had a nightmare time last year with unexpectedly massive repair bills which ruined any kind of modding plans. I'm giving it some serious thought now though, and seeing people getting them is tempting me a lot....

Delivery by 19th is JUST about possible even if they dont have in stock, bearing in mind the parts needed to complete the full system are being manufactured Monday.

My seller told me that Scorpions production plans are usually "spot on". If they say being that day - its made that day !

He also said if i'd had a Focus ST - he'd have exhausts in stock. But for more 'niche' cars such as ours - not gonna happen - or he'd have hundreds of thousands of pounds in stock in exhausts alone before he knew it. Same applies for any dealer of course.

Glad to hear your getting sorted and moving forward to modding :thumbup: No more big repair bills needed !!!!!!

Delivery by 19th is JUST about possible even if they dont have in stock, bearing in mind the parts needed to complete the full system are being manufactured Monday.

My seller told me that Scorpions production plans are usually "spot on". If they say being that day - its made that day !

He also said if i'd had a Focus ST - he'd have exhausts in stock. But for more 'niche' cars such as ours - not gonna happen - or he'd have hundreds of thousands of pounds in stock in exhausts alone before he knew it. Same applies for any dealer of course.

Glad to hear your getting sorted and moving forward to modding :thumbup: No more big repair bills needed !!!!!!

Yeah fair points there and totally understandable. Traders will only stock what they can based on demand - as you say, like most businesses :smile:

Aye, fingers crossed there's no more big bills, I don't want to tempt fate :smiley: it's reading threads like these that start you thinking about mods though! So many nice cars to take inspiration from!! Coilovers, exhausts, spoilers, mounts... :tongueout:anic:

Could someone maybe please advise me; what are the pros and cons of fitting the (resonated) Scorpion exhaust?

get the non res mate..you will find yourself wanting more noise after a while..trust me :lol:

Could someone maybe please advise me; what are the pros and cons of fitting the (resonated) Scorpion exhaust?

WeightsCat BackSports CatDe-Cat
O.E.18.4kg3.2kg3.2kg
Scorpion10.1kg1.67kg0.78kg
DynoResultsO.ECat Back+SportsCat+De-Cat
Resonated199.9bhp200.7bhp201.4bhp203.9bhp
None ResonatedN/A201.6bhp204.3bhp204.6bhp

Zero real difference in power. So its all about noise. Do you want it or not..............

I'd quite like to hear the two comparatively. I don't know if I'd find the non-resonated just too much.

Also, are people generally going down the sports cat route? I can't be hooped with the full decat and swapping back and forth for MOT purposes. Sorry for all the questions!

None res is louder, but also drones.... Whereas the resonated is only really a lot louder on the "loud" pedal compared to oem system, not droney at all. I loved my resonated scorpion!!

None res is louder, but also drones.... Whereas the resonated is only really a lot louder on the "loud" pedal compared to oem system, not droney at all. I loved my resonated scorpion!!

Thanks [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION]! I've been doing a good bit of Internet searching and I definitely think that I would go down the resonated route. The non-res sounds great but I don't think that I could live with it and I often have my 1 year old son in the car (who loves a car snooze) and that's the deciding factor. Did you bother with a sports cat or just stick with the OEM one? From what I've read it appears that the manufacturer cat isn't all that restrictive.

Yeah I would go down the resonated route, I stayed with the original cats, I didn't want Mot issues and I was more Than happy with the sound (i go to work at 5am also). The good thing about that also, if you do want more noise you can remove the resonator, or the cats...

Pretty much sums up my decision with regards a resonated. I'd like more noise but not too much... They seem to be a nice little compromise :smile:

Well i talked that up.

Scorpions supposed "Spot on production scheduling" apparently isnt all that. Production of whats needed to complete an exhaust system has today been pushed back to the 30th of this month (Maybe sooner).

I made another 5 or 6 calls today and no-where i can find has one in stock.

Oh well..............

what about a K-tec system??dont fancy that??
there is miltek as well at this sort of a price..

what about a K-tec system??dont fancy that??
there is miltek as well..

Wanna go incognito. And i've heard (Pardon the pun) the Scorpion is about the quietest, plus i've heard and liked one in the flesh.

Its what i had my heart set-on and im gonna stick to my guns !!! (For a change - impatient git that i am at times).

Last edited:
Manifold and Polybush fitting today.

1. Manifold was straightforward. We did grind some of the subframe "just in-case". But got loads of clearance now its fitted, and with the fitting of 2/ [Below].....i don't think i'll have any issue's at all. Must have 1"+ of clearance, and the engine hardly moves now. Engine positioning is adjustable and there is space to be gained by cranking the engine from its neutral position if for some reason thats needed. So all good.

Observations in the 10 miles home. Very little ! Not alot more noise, flatspot was barely even noticeable, and if anything feels slower low-down; with PERHAPS a slightly bigger kick uptop (?) . But thats whats re-maps are for hey............ [I also had one or two seemingly random burbles off-throttle] lol

2. Polybushes. Went with fitting a/ Gearbox mount, b/ upper engine mount torque bush and c/ lower engine mount in the end (Not upper engine mount insert as i was warned this was the one that gave serious vibration, and if the other 3 were being fitted would stop 80% of movement and hence protect stress put upon manifold).

Observations: Vibrations. More vibrations, Noises from trim i've never heard before and then more vibrations.

If this is the civilised way of doing it - i cant imagine having the other mount in. OK once rolling but tickover not wonderful, and pulling away gets the quality French plastic interior rattling too :wink: Also i can feel it vibrating slightly through the pedals when decelerating......

But: 1 x good thrash in first resulted in no manifold knock and should protect the mani long term. "Feel" of the car generally was definitely firmer and has stiffened up what was a fairly soft old affair really.

I just need you all to chime in now and tell me after a coupler of thousand miles [Especially on the less than imperfect Suffolk backroads] the mounts will all bed-in a bit and the vibrations will die somewhat !!!!

Last edited:
Great little write up Syer :smile: the vibrations are the same as I had when I got the same mounts as you put in. It's only been a week so no change yet :smiley: I'm sure it'll settle down though over time. It is such a big change from standard, which is why it's so noticeable. I think it's ok to live with though.

well done on the manifold..can get tricky to get it right..good on that front :thumbup1:
regarding the vibrations,strange..there is definitely some increase but i havent experienced such a difference..hope it settles down a bit..
or strip it,hence no vibrations of a good old French plastic :lol:

Vibrations should settle down!!

Hope your pleased with the outcome overall as that's a fair chunk of change spent!